Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Edit: (Don) Cherry Pie

Sigh. Unfortunately, the Caps proved me wrong. At the end of their second turrrrrible game in a row, Federov scored with about 2 minutes left to make it a slightly less embarrassing 5 - 2 loss. I'll let the WaPo take it from there...

After Fedorov scored, he threw his arms up in the air, then fell over while hugging Ovechkin and Morrisonn. "I was really disgusted when we scored our second goal and we were all excited about it," Boudreau said. "I turned to [assistant coach] Dean [Evason] and said, 'What are we doing?' We just made it 5-2 and we're jumping on each other like we won an overtime game. It was pretty embarrassing. If I was on the Carolina bench, I would have been going, 'Look at these idiots.' "

I couldn't agree more. I'm all for celebrating with flair and aplomb, but you have to know the right time. It rubbed me the wrong way, even though after looking at replays, I think Federov actually fell accidentally. It doesn't matter though, that's not the kind of goal that needs a hugging scrum at center ice. Just high-five the bench and get back to the game.

The Caps have played like the CRAPitals twice in a row now, against SE opponents they should be beating. Last night should have been just as crucial to the Caps as it was to Carolina. If we had won, we could have kept pace with the Devils and basically put an end to Carolina. Too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment